People purchase trip insurance for many reasons. Nobody wants to book a vacation and then eat the money when an unforeseen event stops them from going.
Trip Insurance can cover such events as:
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption
- Trip Delay
- Emergency Medical Expense
- Baggage Delay's
- Missed Connections
- Travel assistance service's and more.
Some basic things to consider when buying trip insurance.
- How soon you purchase impacts your coverage. If you purchase your insurance with in a certain date of the initial deposit losses caused by pre-existing conditions may be covered. Some carriers may also allow you to purchase a cancel for any reason clause. In this case they may refund a percentage of your trip cost when you cancel.
- Most of these products work on a re-imbursement basis where you might have to submit receipts.
- There can be many different add-ons including coverage for rental vehicles.
- Some carriers might pair this coverage with medical insurance.
For additional questions about trip insurance call or contact the Garsys Agency at (800) 749-0053 or (612) 235-5751 today!